STATE LAW AND FORMS
- Permit to Carry App (pdf)
- Permit to Acquire App (pdf)
- New / Renewal Permit Info (pdf)
- Iowa Code Chapter 724 – Weapons (pdf)
- Iowa DPS FAQ (pdf)
- Iowa DPS Admin Rules (pdf)
- DNR FAQ (pdf)
Iowa Code Chapter 724.9 details the types of training that are acceptable for obtaining a Permit to Carry Weapons (PCW) in the state of Iowa. The most common type of training is that supplied per 724.9 by an NRA certified instructor. Below you will find a list of instructors throughout the state.
IFC SPONSORING TRAINERS
These trainers should be noted for their generous support of IFC.
IFC MEMBER TRAINERS
Many of our supporting members are also trainers.
- Cedar Valley Firearms Training
- Dynamic Firearms Inst. LLC. – Okoboji, IA – 712.346.8439 (m) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIERCE Training – Lone Tree, IA – 319.629.5559 – email@example.com
- Hawkeye Firearms Instruction – Oskaloosa, IA – 641.660.0070
- Heartland Firearms Safety Instruction – Blue Grass, IA – 563.381.1352 (h) – 563-320-4418 (m) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iowa Firearms Training – Vinton, IA – 319.310.4724 – IowaFirearmsTraining@gmail.com
- John Greatbatch – 641.891.2461
- Safety & Shooting Academy – Urbandale, IA – 515.333.1266
- Learn 2 Shoot Iowa – Waukee, IA – 515.978.8187 (o) – email@example.com
- Trinity Firearms Training – Des Moines, IA – 515.669.4365 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midwest Shooting – Hiawatha, IA – 313.393.1888 – email@example.com
- CrossRoads Shooting Sports – Johnston, IA – 515.334.8863 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ankeny Guns – Ankeny, IA – 573.489.1347 – email@example.com
These trainers are not affiliated or necessarily endorsed by IFC.
- Big Dog Personal Protection – 615.705.5818 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Academy of Practical Shooters Grainger/Elkhart, IA – 515.250.3536 email@example.com
- Central Iowa Shooting Sports Inc. – Indianola, IA – 641.466.3651 – 515.419.5941 (m)
- First of Iowa – 515.720.5724 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maryland State Police
- On Target Firearms Training of Iowa – Hartford, IA – 515.943.1461 – 515.989.6109 – email@example.com
- Starting Point Firearms – Kellog, IA – 641.526.3486 – 641.791.4093 – 641.521.4512 (m) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.D.A.T. – Des Moines, IA – 515.556.3518 – email@example.com
- Spring Creek Arms & Training – Oskaloosa, IA – 641-676-4567 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for changes or additions to this list should be sent to email@example.com or by using the form below:
Iowa Firearms Coalition is an entirely volunteer, grassroots, 2nd Amendment advocacy group. Responsible for bringing uniformity to Iowa’s Concealed Weapons Permitting process, IFC’s members work to protect and enhance 2nd Amendment rights in Iowa. An affiliate of the National Rifle Association, the IFC actively seeks to foster and promote the shooting sports. Sign up for our email list for the latest on 2nd Amendment issues in Iowa. You can support our work by becoming a member, or making a donation.